Monday, February 9, 2009

Dad's NOT a Democrat!!

Bro's and Sista's - it is official, our father is NOT a democrat! Although he has fought with us over the years saying that the college(s) we went to to taught us to be Republican -- he is exactly that! A Repulican through and through. How do I know this you ask........

He bought a gun and is registering to become a member of the NRA! Okay I made up the NRA part, but true blue he owns a 40 caliber pistol. When I asked Dad why he bought it he said, "I thought I would get one before things got too bad." I for one am proud of Dad -- as he ages and becomes more wise he is learning that conservative'ism is the right thing.

Come on Mom.....join us won't you? :-)

3 comments:

Adam and Shalisa said...

This deserves a straight up ... HOLY SHIT! Dad bought a gun and has decided to leave the dark side?

Repent now ... The 2nd coming is any day now!!!

Adam

Clay Prince said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clay Prince said...

This is really funny because the actual reason I logged on here was to quote to Ryan from my missionary journal that I was looking at to prepare a lesson tonight; then, already nostalgic for the great ABM, I noticed Adam's comment, and that made me remember having lots of long conversations with Ryan about his brother Adam...looks like all our prayers were in vain, brother! :-)

Anyway, sorry in advance for the long comment but here's what I ran across, and I quote:

"Lately there has been this little Huntsman spider that lives in our car. I think it lived in the mirror or something. Anyway, every once in awhile it would crawl across our windshield while we were driving along. Tonight it took things too far, though. First, we were coming up to a stoplight and it crawled across. Elder Bingham was looking at the spider instead of the traffic, and we nearly got in a head-on collision as he turned right. Then, some time later, it crawled right up the windshield, through our open window, and onto the floor of our car. Elder Bingham freaked out! He was screaming and trying to stop the car, and I was laughing so hard that I was useless. Finally he got the car stopped and jumped out, panting. He wouldn't get back in until I served out capital punishment on the poor arachnoid creature."

Coulda used that pistola that day, eh Eldah? And, I suppose we can assume you got your roots in conservatism from your conversion to capital punishment that day?

I took care of a nasty (self-inflicted) gunshot wound to the abdomen a few days ago in the ER. We almost had to pry his gun "from his cold, dead fingers." Tell him to "Be careful with that thang!"