Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dinning @ PaytAbsAshie Restaurant -- Interesting

Tonight the kids set up a restaurant in the playroom and appropriately named it PaytAbsAshie Restaurant. The lights were dimmed.....well actually completely turned off; we ate on paper plates, plastic utensils, and plastic cups; were given no napkins; and had to sit 'criss-cross-apple sauce' on the floor -- but it was PERFECT!

The menu items were:
  • Lemonade from cups with our names on them
  • Slice of bread shaped like an Easter egg
  • A roll
  • Cadbury Robin Egg(s)
  • Cheezits (although no one ordered these)
The evening was perfect until we had an incident with one of the waitresses whose name will be withheld. However suffice it to say, her name makes up the entirety of the final one-third of the restaurants name. We took our complaint to management and sad to say our complaints fell on deaf ears.....in fact we have the restaurants response on video:



Despite this unusual and odd treatment, April and I can't wait to be invited back!

3 comments:

Clay Prince said...

Rule #1: Don't take your wife with you back to the restaurant where the waitress sits on your lap. Didn't I teach you that one? Your girls are so cute! Miss you, bro! (That's sort of the same as my old favorite..."I love you man!")

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see the grandkids are following in GrandDave's footsteps by opening a restaurant. I hope they enjoyed visiting with their customers as much as GrandDave loved visiting with his. That was his favorite part...except I don't think he liked them enough to sit on their lap! Have them practice up....because I'll be there soon!
Gram!

Adam and Shalisa said...

If I was Abby I would have SLAPPED YOU for your rhetorical questions ... CLOWN!!!

Abby & Ashy --- you better have that place open next weekend when I get there.

Love,

Muncle Madam