
This afternoon Payton was exiting the trampoline too quickly and landed face down on the ground, chest first! He immediately rolled over clutching his back and gasping for breath. I quickly rolled him back to his back and coached him to breath slowly and deeply and told him that "the wind got knocked out of him." His eyes then rolled into the back of his head and he was still for what seemed like 5 minutes [actually only about 3-4 seconds].
He came to and answered my question of "are you okay?" He answered, yes and then asked "what happened?"
He said he had a dream where he was sitting on a rock on a hill next to a road with trees around. A truck carrying a horse trailer drove by below him just prior to his coming to. I guess Payton's heaven has trucks and horse trailers in it -- LOL!
He says, "it felt like he was out for hours and hours and hours." He went on to say, "Dad, you could have least taken me into your bed and not left him on the lawn."
As if in the that four seconds I could have carried him to my room -- funny!
Anyhow, he is okay, but it reminded me of when I got knocked out as a kid by a broom hitting me in the back.
The story goes as follows.....all I remember is fighting with Amie over who was going to take bath first at Grandma Logan's and out of the corner of my eye, an upright broom was coming at me from the end of the hall high in the air. Next thing I know, Dad is carrying me into Grandma's kitchen as I came to [I can still see the light switch, weird].
Like Payton's experience it felt like I was out for a long time and I don't remember much about it. Amie, do you remember that? Thanks for fighting with me so as to get me knocked out!!!!
Kip remember when I knocked you out in your red bedroom upstairs and the gum came out of your mouth and we scared Grandma to the point of bringing her to tears? FUNNY!
Funny memories
He came to and answered my question of "are you okay?" He answered, yes and then asked "what happened?"
He said he had a dream where he was sitting on a rock on a hill next to a road with trees around. A truck carrying a horse trailer drove by below him just prior to his coming to. I guess Payton's heaven has trucks and horse trailers in it -- LOL!
He says, "it felt like he was out for hours and hours and hours." He went on to say, "Dad, you could have least taken me into your bed and not left him on the lawn."
As if in the that four seconds I could have carried him to my room -- funny!
Anyhow, he is okay, but it reminded me of when I got knocked out as a kid by a broom hitting me in the back.
The story goes as follows.....all I remember is fighting with Amie over who was going to take bath first at Grandma Logan's and out of the corner of my eye, an upright broom was coming at me from the end of the hall high in the air. Next thing I know, Dad is carrying me into Grandma's kitchen as I came to [I can still see the light switch, weird].
Like Payton's experience it felt like I was out for a long time and I don't remember much about it. Amie, do you remember that? Thanks for fighting with me so as to get me knocked out!!!!
Kip remember when I knocked you out in your red bedroom upstairs and the gum came out of your mouth and we scared Grandma to the point of bringing her to tears? FUNNY!
Funny memories
5 comments:
Wow Payton: You did so good. G-ma and G-pa are very proud of you. G-ma thinks you're pretty brave. I feel bad you got hurt and got the wind knocked out of you. I love you honey.
Love, G-ma bing
I don't remember getting knocked out? How old was I? All I remember is falling out of the front yard tree and landing directly on my back. I thought life was over!!!! Payt sounds and looks like the "ITALIAN STALLION" NICE JOB PAYT ON THE KARATE COMPETITION AND FIGHTING THROUGH THE TRAMP EXPERIENCE. WE LOVE YOU!!! GUIRE AND THE GANG.
WOW- talk about scary! I am so glad you are ok Payton-
Great job at your MMA tournament. You look great out there!!! I can not believe how tall you are getting. Congrats buddy- we are proud of you!
Nick, Maria. Rhett and Bella
Reminds me of the story of when a certain missionary companion knocked me out with a roundhouse right. Not cool, man!
Glad Peyton is ok!
Post a Comment